Divorce Attorney in Brandon, FL

What if my ex-spouse is delinquent in alimony payments? What can I do in Florida?

If your ex-spouse is delinquent in alimony payments in Florida, you can first try talking to your ex-spouse and see if you can reach an agreement as to how the back alimony could be repaid. If you're unable to reach an agreement, you can file a motion for contempt or a motion to enforce your ex-spouse's alimony obligation. The court will determine whether an alimony obligation exists and whether the other party has the ability to pay that alimony. The court will then order the other party, if the circumstances merit, to pay that alimony and also assess other punishments, which can be discussed further with your attorney.

Contact Us Today

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.