Divorce Attorney in Brandon, FL

How can I stop paying child support after finding out the child is not mine?

If there's a court ordering you to pay child support, continue to pay your child support until you get an order allowing you to stop paying child support. That being said, if you discover that you are not the biological parent of the minor child, you should file the appropriate pleadings with the court asking the court to disestablish your paternity. This may be difficult under the particular circumstances of your case so it's important you discuss your circumstances with your lawyer.

Contact Us Today

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.