Divorce & Bankruptcy Attorney in Brandon, FL

Brandon Modification Lawyer

Post-Divorce Modifications

After a divorce, couples may find that their existing divorce agreements no longer appy to their current situation. Life is full of changes, and it is important to update a divorce agreement to reflect these changes. When you experience a substantial change in your circumstances, you may be able to request a modification. The Law Office of Thomas P. Gill, Jr. helps families modify divorce agreements as they relate to child support, child custody, and alimony.

Attorney Gill and his legal team provide more than 30 years of experience to each matter, guiding you through the family law system and helping you to understand how laws are interpreted and applied. We can assist clients with modification requests and dispute a request for modification. Learn more when you contact our team.

Contact us now to schedule a consultation with our Brandon modification attorney!

When a Modification Is Needed

There are a variety of life changes that can necessitate the need for modification. It does not have to be a negative change, such as losing a job. Positive changes, such as an increase in income, can also lead to modifications.

A modification may be granted by a judge for circumstances such as:

  • Job loss
  • Substantial change in income
  • Relocation
  • Illness
  • Disability

Modifications must be filed with the court and approved by a judge. Deciding to relocate without a court's consent or refusing the pay child support can lead to additional trouble with the court. You can speak with Attorney Gill if you have questions about your situation.

Tell Us About Your Changes

If you recently experienced a change in your life that may affect your divorce order (whether positive or negative), discuss your concerns with Attorney Gill, an experienced modification attorney in Brandon. We can review the merits of your modification request and advise you on how to handle modifying your existing agreement. If you would like to contest a modification request, we can also assist you in challenging the other party's petition.

Call (813) 305-0353 or contact us online for more information about post-divorce modifications in Florida.

Client Testimonials

  • “Going through a divorce is incredibly difficult. However working with Tina and Jana was a great experience. They were very understanding and helped me through the process with great ease and ...”

    - Former Client
  • “They did my prenup for an excellent price.”

    - Nish J.
  • “This law firm is top notch. My divorce was filed back in 2015 and was just settled. I had to change attorneys and I am so glad that I found Jana (who is a gem) to finally settle my case instead of ...”

    - Mary M.
  • “Mr. Gill and his office were nothing short of exceptional during my time retaining his services. This was without a doubt the most stressful moment in my life and Mr. Gill and his team were there to ...”

    - Andrew K.
  • “If you need legal advice or in my instance a divorce I highly recommend this law office. They don't treat you as a payday as other attorneys offices do and it's so easy to keep track of your case ...”

    - Daniel W.