Divorce Attorney in Brandon, FL

Can my ex-spouse avoid paying child support if they file for bankruptcy?

No, your ex-spouse cannot avoid paying child support when they file bankruptcy. Child support is also referred to as a domestic support obligation when filing bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005. Child support payments cannot be discharged in bankruptcy, so your ex-spouse has to continue to pay their child support.

Contact Us Today

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.