Divorce Attorney in Brandon, FL

My ex spouse lost their job and stopped paying child support, what do I do?

The first thing you should do is talk to your ex-spouse to determine if you can come to an agreement as to how the child support will be repaid and how child support will be paid on an ongoing basis. If you are unable to reach an agreement, you can file a motion for contempt or a motion to enforce with the court and ask the court to enforce the child support obligation and to impose the appropriate punishment on your ex-spouse for failing to pay their support obligation.

Contact Us Today

All Consultations are Free and Confidential
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.